The Westdale Gallery, known to be the first commercial gallery in the region of Hamilton-Wentworth, has been in existence for well over 40 years. The gallery was founded in 1958 by Julius Lebow, an artist and teacher who primarily studied in Paris. Through his wealth of knowledge, and strength of integrity, The Westdale Gallery soon became a trusted center for private collectors and corporate buyers.
Shortly following his death in 1988, the gallery was re-envisioned by Lebow's long time friend, and student, Linda MacRae. MacRae adheres to the same philosophies, principles, and tastes as the gallery's founder. As a result, she has amassed the same level of respect from private and corporate collectors world-wide.
As we grew over the years the gallery has had many successful locations, the last of which was on Augusta Street in Hamilton. And now another exciting change is in place. We decided it was time to take the gallery on line completely and thereby join the wonderful world of on line stores where we will be able to offer so much more over the next few months.
This is only the beginning so please stay in contact and keep returning to view the many new additions the site will be offering. Hopefully you will enjoy shopping at the new Westdale Gallery!